Even the best business continuity and IT disaster recovery plans can falter in execution without the right support tools. Many companies rely on everyday tools like e-mail, voicemail, and Excel spreadsheets to communicate and project manage disruptive events. Unfortunately, these systems weren’t built for mass emergency notification and often make navigating the rough waters of an unplanned business event more difficult than it has to be.
MissionMode Situation Center crisis management software was specifically designed to support the end-to-end business continuity lifecycle; from planning to early warning system tracking, risk assessment and response. It enables you to pre-populate your organization’s BCM plans, templates, contact lists, and more into an easy-to-use collaborative incident management system that speeds communication, tracks progress, and simplifies project management.
MissionMode provides a common operating picture across all departments. Our staff can see at a glance the status of any incident and make better-informed decisions.— Airport Manager Birmingham Airport
By appointing a business continuity team and drafting plans to address potential disruptive events, you’ve taken the first big step to sustainable operational readiness. Now arm your team with the tools they need for maximum efficiency. MissionMode’s easy-to-use Situation Center simplifies your response to any type of crisis. It’s a streamlined incident management and emergency communications software system — a virtual command center that reduces the time and cost of returning to normal business activity. When a crisis occurs, the Situation Center puts you in complete control.
Situation Center Advantages
- Enables anytime, anywhere collaboration
- Straightforward and simple to use
- Includes team and individual task checklists
- Includes a robust mass communication platform
- Creates a common operating picture
- Online forms management
- Innovative mobile app
- Centralized document repository handles all file types
- Includes integration toolkit
The versatile Situation Center can serve as a simple operations log, major crisis response system, or anything in-between. Unlike many other incident management systems, the Situation Center is straightforward and simple to use, even during a fast-moving crisis. It works on any web-capable device and fits the way you work.
- Centralized time-stamped message log
- Post messages and files to the event log from the incident scene
- Attach any type of file to log entries
- Send and track alerts
- Secure real-time chat
- Subscribe to alerts for new posts and file changes
- Color-coded visual progress indicators
- Authorized personnel can view multiple command rooms across different departments and locations
- At-a-glance status of alerts, responses, tasks and log entries
- Seamlessly integrated with the Notification Center
- Guaranteed delivery time
- Intelligent automation rules
- Real-time confirmation of message delivery, receipt and responses
- Team and individual checklists
- Drill down to see task details
- Status reminders
- Store plans, maps, images, video, links—any type of file
- Files hosted by us or linked to your file storage
- Change log for all file revisions
- Provides Situation Center functionality to tablets and smartphones
- Manage an incident from any location
- WYSIWYG visual forms designer
- Automatic notification when form is completed
- Create, manage and control forms
- Define any number of assets and asset types
- AccuWeather meteorologists send warnings to the Situation Center
- Automatic notification of appropriate staff members
- Customized templates reduce guesswork and human error
- Pre-define plans, files, messages, tasks and people for different scenarios
- Create a customized command room in just two clicks
- Customizable interface language
- Supports multiple organizations and departments
- API integration toolkit
- Unlimited teams, contact devices, templates and rooms
REPORTING AND RECORDS
- Automatic time-stamped audit record of log entries, alerts and responses, file activity, and user activity
- Export data to your preferred reporting tool
- Archive incident records
When an incident occurs, an authorized user creates a Situation Room, a virtual command center specifically for that incident. Sub-rooms can also be created to deal with specific issues, such as executive discussions or press relations. From the start, teams are equipped with the resources you pre-defined for that type of incident—the right plans, documents, tasks, checklists, people to notify and initial messages to send.
An emergency notification is immediately sent to mobilize your business continuity team. People respond to the alert with the press of a button, providing status information such as “on-site in 30 minutes”. Color-coded indicators on the real-time dashboard show the status of each team member.
Once the emergency response team is in place they can access all the tools they need in the Situation Center from any location or device to efficiently address the emergency:
- Emergency notification can be used to contact thousands of employees or customers within minutes. It includes customizable automation rules to ensure a successful alert, such as contacting alternates, escalated alerts, sequentially contacting group members, and more.
- Conference calling and secure chat enable fast and easy communication across the business continuity team.
- The incident log helps team members share important information. Field personnel can make updates on smartphones or tablets using the Situation Center Mobile App
- Team and Individual tasks and checklists simplify project management.
- Team members can access the resource library for the templates and files they need to address the particular situation
- All team members access the color coded real-time dashboard for a common operating picture of incident status. Authorized users have a centralized view of activities, even across multiple events or departments.
- Detailed audit log tracks all communications and activities which aids post-event review and serves as documentation for legal and compliance requirements
Our easy-to-use incident management system software is built on a rock-solid technical foundation that’s trusted by Fortune 100 companies. Industry leaders across the globe trust the Situation Center during daily operations and major disasters.
INCIDENT MANAGEMENT APPLICATION
- Web-hosted Saas (Software as a Service) application—available when your infrastructure isn’t
- No extra hardware or software needed
- Works with any web-capable device, including smartphones, Blackberrys and tablet computers
- Guaranteed SLA (service-level agreement) for availability and message delivery time
- Tuned to work well even on low-speed connections
- Agile product management process with several major, customer-focused updates yearly (all releases are backwards-compatible)
- Easy administration frees your staff for other tasks
- Customizable interface language
- Supports multiple organizations, divisions and departments
- Unlimited teams, contact devices, templates and command rooms
RESILIENT GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE
- Battle-tested during everyday operational use and widespread disasters
- Top-tier telephony and SMS providers, maximizing global reach
- Multiple high-speed communications and Internet backbone connections
- Redundant web, application, database servers
- Redundant communications centers
- Geographically dispersed disaster recovery sites
- Fail-over protection
EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION CHANNELS
- Voice to land-line and mobile phones
- Text to SMS message, email, pager and fax
- Push notification to smartphones and tablets (works even when voice and SMS channels are not functioning)
API INTEGRATION TOOLKIT
The incident management system can be integrated with other systems such as HR databases, global directories, ERM systems, physical security systems, IT help desks, and any application that supports standard methods of data exchange.
- Access only by authenticated users via encrypted passwords
- Granular group and individual rights
- 256-bit encryption of all web communications
View the Video: